Screen Replacement

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Searched and got some info, but still not clear. Regarding port & stb ports; screen looks to be installed from inside with a rubber seal that is glued? in. Anyone have a procedure for replacing?

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes, you do install from the inside. Here's what I ended up doing. First pull out the old rubber gasket CAREFULLY, and remove the screen. Then get some of the black screen from Lowe's and cut it to the exact size of the window. Next, get some Crazy glue or something that dries very fast, and just tack the screen into place with a couple dabs of crazy glue, just enough so the screen stays put if you let go of it. Then I got some silicone seal, and put one very fine bead around the inside edges of the window and outer edge of the replacement screen, and pressed the old rubber gasket onto the silicone. If you are really careful and neat putting down the silicone bead and don't slop any on to the outer part of the gasket, you can close the window and let the silicone dry. Next day, open the window, it's fixed. Took about an hour to do both windows in my cuddy. Not including the trip to Lowes and going to Happy Hours on the way home, then sampling the whole six of Heineken. Forget about using 4200 or 5200, you'll want something that comes off easily. You're not diving your boat to 500 feet, so don't worry about a little water from the washdown getting onto the silicone.

raisinkane

Reaction score
Tucker I just finished my sreen replacement. I brought the cleaned window frames to Ace hardware and for 10.00 they put new screens in. Mc MASTER CARR.COM sells the rubber D molding. Remove the S/S the screws from the ALUM. with Heat as you cannot get new ones as the window co here in FLA. stopped making them. My scuppers.... with the f200s leak a little but no problem even when I add 140 gallons of fuel on top of the stock 200 gallons when the 4 of us run 140 miles to the other side of the stream. Got a great mahi bite, a few wahoo, tuna and jumped off a marlin down here in the past few weeks.