Screw Trim Caps & Bases...

Stinky

Reaction score
New Member question here. Does anyone know the best place to buy the screw-caps and bases for cockpit. Not really sure if they are off-white or cream. Company called Pro-dec makes about evry color under the sun, but not really sure what best choice might be. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Are you talking about screw in inspection ports? GW uses Beckson Marine, almond color. They have snap in or screw in. Easy to swap out. The screw in only have bumps on them versus the diamond etched top like the GW decks. http://www.beckson.com/

Sharkbait282

Reaction score
I just ordered these through a local Grady White dealer in new england. Got 24 caps and bases in the grady white color for a little less than $14 including "shipping" which is really an envelope because they're such small lightweight parts.

For that price it's easier to contact your closest dealer to avoid any issues on the color, and order some spares while you're at it!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Guess I got that one wrong....

Sharkbait282

Reaction score
Nah FishTales I'm with you, I have an older boat and I avoid the boat dealership almost as religiously as I do with my car . . . but for items that are either really hull specific or color sensitive, that's when I give the dealership a call (at least a chance to quote a price . . .)

Fishtales

Reaction score
I agree. I initially thought he was looking for the 6" inspection ports. Didn't realize it was the plastic screw covers.

Stinky

Reaction score
Thanks all. Heading to dealer in a few minutes.