Scupper and Scupper Hose Replacement

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
Looked at my scupper hoses tonight and confirmed my suspicions that they need replacing.
Any recommendations for scuppers and where to purchase? Stainless, bronze, plastic, etc....???

Fishtales

Reaction score
Get the chrome over bronze and do it once. Stainless is above waterline only and wouldn't bother with the plastic - the work to do it is excessive, so use the best. There are some threads here on where to obtain. I'm sure someone will let you know.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

Cam Ena Sue

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Looked at my scupper hoses tonight and confirmed my suspicions that they need replacing.
Any recommendations for scuppers and where to purchase? Stainless, bronze, plastic, etc....???

I second this. I am currently going through this same process. I will be going with bronze since my boat is slip kept - but having a tough time sourcing them with a built in scupper. I know Perko makes them but cannot source them. Any help is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 12.49.53 AM.png

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
I agree not being able to find 1 with the scupper/flapper........and they're very $$$ (bronze)!!
I'm leaning towards replacing the hoses and leaving the thru hull fittings and replacing the flappers.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer

Cam Ena Sue

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I agree not being able to find 1 with the scupper/flapper........and they're very $$$ (bronze)!!
I'm leaning towards replacing the hoses and leaving the thru hull fittings and replacing the flappers.

Since mine will be submerged quite often I am going with the safe bet of bronze (and if we bump the dock!) . See the below link for the Perko page with the thru hulls. Of course you cannot buy them there though....

dbiscayne

Reaction score
did this same project last year, the deck drains basically disintegrated while trying to get the hoses off so be ready to replace those too. Found some nice deck drains from gemlux, they're stainless but not submerged enough to worry about it.

Cam Ena Sue

Reaction score
Model
Islander
did this same project last year, the deck drains basically disintegrated while trying to get the hoses off so be ready to replace those too. Found some nice deck drains from gemlux, they're stainless but not submerged enough to worry about it.

I ordered those as well. I figured while I am hacking away I might as well do the complete setup. Now in the process of deciding where to cut the hole for the access to the starboard side...

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I replaced my deck drains with OEM Grady stuff. I ordered them through the dealer . I bought the hose through Great Lakes Marine, I think, as I used the same hoses Grady uses, MPI is the brand. My scuppers are factory chrome over bronze. Good luck .

Seafarer_Bob

Reaction score
Outer Banks NC - Winter / Ocean City MD Summer
Model
Seafarer
I just replaced them in my 05 Seafarer 228 with the plastic ones from T&H Marine. I had to break both drains to get them out, not sure what I would have done if they were metal... The drains will outlast the metal ribbed hoses anyway so I figure 15 years from now the next owner can deal with it.

Squid1962

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Just left my dealer. Same deal. 2008 330 scupper drain hoses all dry rotted. Going to cut access holes in corner of swim platform forward of engine mounts. Tough project but better than a sinking. Doing deck drains at same time. Ouch!

Rlloyd

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Buying a 2003 Gulfstream 232, and the surveyor recommended putting ball valves on the drain lines, in case they broke away from the drains - could flood the lazarette, etc. Has anybody taken this measure on their drain lines? I haven't seen that before.

ocdansar

Reaction score
I just replaced all 4 floor drains in my 330. Not to bad just have to crawl down in the bilge to do it. No holes needed.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Floor drains are fairly easy, it will be the hose access to the hull sides if you have an issue. If you have chrome over bronze thru hulls now, I'd just change the flaps, install the new floor drains and new hoses.

Queets30#

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Floor drains are fairly easy, it will be the hose access to the hull sides if you have an issue. If you have chrome over bronze thru hulls now, I'd just change the flaps, install the new floor drains and new hoses.
Can you use stainless to replace the bronze sheet ver chrome if not mooring a lot? Boat gets used around 5 times a year in salt.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Can you use stainless to replace the bronze sheet ver chrome if not mooring a lot? Boat gets used around 5 times a year in salt.
SS is not allowed/approved for anything below the waterline. If the fitting is completely above the water and will never sit below the water, that should be fine. However, bronze is still a superior product.

Queets30#

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Where do you guys source these at?
I’m replacing 4 1 1/2 scuppers and 1- 11/2 non scupper and can’t seem to find exactly what I need .
This is off a 2005 Gulf Stream. Scuppers and the live well drain.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I just replaced all 4 floor drains in my 330. Not to bad just have to crawl down in the bilge to do it. No holes needed.
Need to do it on my 2007 330. Did you have to remove the diesel tank starboard side, batteries port side? What deck fittings did you use? Thanks!

Squid1962

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My problem on the 330 is access for the hoses as they wind through the bilge to the thru hulls. Can't get to them