Scupper drain

Karen Ann IV

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I have a slow draining scupper. I force waster down from my hose. Tried the rubber thru hull stopper seems to be ok.
All other scuppers work fine, any ideas?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Is this a "new" issue? If so, something is blocking it. Lift the flapper and look inside.

I'm sure what you mean by "Tried the rubber thru hull stopper seems to be ok". Did you put some type of rubber stopper into the drain?

seasick

Reaction score
Lift the flapper and put the hose nozzle in from the outside.

Scupper hoses clog all the time. It is also possible that a hose is worn and either has a deteriated inside or a kink.
Make sure the flapper does not stick. If you have a slow drain and water is puddling, lift the flap on the outside and see if water gushes our or drains slowly. If it gushes, the flapper valve is sticking or just too stiff. If water drians slowly, something is clogged or restricting flow.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm assuming what she meant by that was that she lifted up the rubber flapper and it was still slow at draining? But I could be wrong. I always recommend that anyone buy a cheap borescope for things like this. This one is less than $30 on Amazon, it connects to your phone and could very quickly tell you if you've got some sort of blockage or something else in there. It also works great for working on cars or any other maintenance areas where it's difficult or impossible to see.

Karen Ann IV

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Thanks to all .
I will follow your suggestions

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I'm assuming what she meant by that was that she lifted up the rubber flapper and it was still slow at draining? But I could be wrong. I always recommend that anyone buy a cheap borescope for things like this. This one is less than $30 on Amazon, it connects to your phone and could very quickly tell you if you've got some sort of blockage or something else in there. It also works great for working on cars or any other maintenance areas where it's difficult or impossible to see.

I just got that one. same brand but 11ft version. Works pretty good.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Check to see that your drain hose is all downhill, from the scupper to the through hull. You may have a belly in the hose, which fills up with standing water, and slows the drain.

billbass

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
You may have some debris inside the hose or the hose may be kinked