Scupper flap source?

tgr23

Reaction score
I've seen a few threads on replacing the scupper flaps but none really answered my question. I need 4x flaps for 1.5 inch flaps and I can only find kits that carry two and other sizes I don't need. Has anyone every found a source where you can but just the flap size and quantity you want?

Thanks in advance!

gw204

Reaction score
Check your local hardware store. Maybe they will have some sheet rubber that you can cut to size.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Attwood and Perko both have kits - the only extra thing it comes with is the outer, plastic ring. But I'm sure that doesn't add much to the cost. You could try a company like SeaDog, too - they might have something. Or, atleast, what they have is likely less expensive than Attwood or Perko (TH Marine is another one)... but SeaDog would generally be lower on the "quality" food chain. However, I've never used there scuppers so I can't say if there better, worse or the same.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've had good luck with the TH Marine ones...and the pack with all the extras is still less expensive then buying just the ones you need from the GW dealer.

seasick

Reaction score
tgr23 said:
I've seen a few threads on replacing the scupper flaps but none really answered my question. I need 4x flaps for 1.5 inch flaps and I can only find kits that carry two and other sizes I don't need. Has anyone every found a source where you can but just the flap size and quantity you want?

Thanks in advance!

When I replaced my flap several years ago, I was able to locate replacement for the nylon scuppers but I had to reuse some of the original spacers, so save all the parts.
For the bronze mounted scuppers, I was not able to find individual flappers but instead bought the kits that has several sizes. On of the three was the correct size. Cutting flaps from rubber is not practical since the flaps have a molded tab for the screw. All in all, the cost for the kit was reasonable.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
When I purchased my Overnighter two years back the prior owner had one factory flap scupper and one ball scupper. The PO suggested i get another ball scupper as " they are really good". With the big 225 hanging on the back, a full tank of fuel and 4 people on the deck had water backing up onto the deck through the flap scupper. Though it was funny to see fluke swimming on the back deck I decided to take his advice and get the second ball scupper. The second ball scupper fixed the problem and no water backs up through the scuppers. None.
Heres a link....
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/t-h-marin ... r--1930353
you'll be happy with them
Mike.

tgr23

Reaction score
final solution:
I pulled the old scuppers and turns out they were not original, and so they were measuring smaller than the ones in the TH Marine ones. Once I scrapped all the bottom paint from around the fitting, low and behold the THM flappers fit perfectly in there. So as suggested I went with buying two packs of those and it looks good to go.

Thanks for the help.
Travis