Scupper Flappers - Replacement

CobraO

Reaction score
2005 Tournament 225

I need to find the small black rubber inserts (flappers?) that go into the scuppers and help prevent water from getting into the live well and the starboard self bailing drain. As I drive, the live well fills with water. I found some threads with this same subject, but all were too old to help.

Has anyone replaced these and could point me somewhere online to order them?

thanks,

Aaron

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi
I believe the only thru holes that come with flaps are the scupper drains. They would have a screw on the inside diameter to attach the flaps. They do sell the rubber flap replacements. Maybe shoot an email to GW customer service and get the part number and manufacturer.
Usually the live well is fed from the bottom of the hull and these ones don't have the flaps. If the live well seacock is open and the live well is off, it will draw water into the well and potentially fill and spill over into the deck. Best to run with the seacock closed if not running the well pump.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You have two separate issues.

If water is coming up through your self bailing drains in the stern corners, then the flappers need to be replaced. A package runs less than $10 and West Marine has them.

If your livewell is filling up while you are running the boat, it's because the pickup is on the bottom of the boat, facing forward, and at planing speeds water is being forced up through the pickup and into the livewell. The solution is to close the seacock...except when you are using the livewell.

CobraO

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I was thinking water was being forced up through the livewell drain, but I guess not. Thing is, I've never had that problem before, but maybe I was always using the livewell. This last trip, we just had frozen cut bait, so I didn't need to use it. Great idea about shutting off the seacock when not in use.

thanks guys!