Scupper Hoses - 225 Tournament

CBH IV

Reaction score
Has anyone here replaced the scupper hoses on a 225 Tournament. Ours is a 2005 so it is the newer style. It seems like the stbd side would be fairly straight forward. If I remove the battery switch panel on the port side is it just as straight of a shot?

Haven't had the boat in the water yet since we purchased, but the current hoses look a little suspect. It will definitely be something I keep my eye on during the first splash and shakedown cruise to see if there is any leakage.

CBH IV

Reaction score
Sorry, port side is straight forward. The stbd side is where the battery switch is.

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
If they look like that, replace them.

Attachments

• 4B9EC99F-BA7F-4167-8A52-5EE13B18E32F.jpeg
    4B9EC99F-BA7F-4167-8A52-5EE13B18E32F.jpeg
    860.9 KB · Views: 6

CBH IV

Reaction score
They aren't that bad..... yet. It is definitely a project that is going to be tackled soon though.

Are you guys going back with the same wire reinforced hose? I have heard that some use the white sanitation hose like you see on marine heads.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The white sanitation hose is a loose fit on the thru hull and drain barbs. Once I had it in place, with double clamps, I removed the flapper from the transom thru hull, and used a heat gun to warm everything up good before cranking down on the clamps. I would be very careful about getting this connection right, and knowing where my scuppers were in relation to the water line.
I will replace the deck drains, as the strainers are gone, and I will rethink my hose choice. On the Seafarer, it is a short, straight, stiff piece of 16 or 18 inch hose, so it can't pop off and flood, but it can leak if you don't get it right.