Scupper replacement size

bigk23surf

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to replace my scuppers with some stainless ones. Does anyone know what size I will need for a 226 and any suggestions on where to get them? I saw someone had a link to stainless deck drains but I can't seem to find that either. Thanks.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nice units, I just installed them.

You can shop around to do better on that if you want, I did, since I needed four of them.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
Do they make SS ones for inside the cockpit or are these them? From the picture they looked like thru hulls?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not Attwood, perhaps Gemlux.

You need a screen of some sort in the deck drains, unless you don't care what does doen home, like a sinker or something like that.

I bought the 1.5 in. Perko deck drains, plastic threaded, that have the cross hairs screen. Slight mod otherwise perfit fit to original. I reused the original 90 deg adapter from threaded to hose. The original deck drains did not erode, had to chiesel crack them out of there, so went back with plastic.

When I checked Gemlux catalog, the 1.5 inch stainless drains had a flange ID much bigger than originals for my boat. Not workable. But may fit in yours. The Gemlux came with built in 90 deg takeoffs for hose, which avoids the adapter, I would have gone this way.

bfrank

Reaction score
I emailed customer service at Grady and they responded with this.

The part numbers you are looking are:
11-080 white outer ring for scupper
11-081 rubber flap for scupper
11-082 rubber washer for scupper

I wonder what's the best option. I want this problem fixed 100%.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
:uhm If you're getting a water back-up from the scuppers, new ones won't help. Your stern sits too low, for whatever reason. You won't fix it until you figure out how to raise the stern ...