Scupper Thru hulls, Again ...

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
:sorry Did a search and couldn't find any links that worked for scupper thru hull sources. Pre-SV2 Tournament 22, stainless or bronze, anyone have a brand and number?

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You really don't need a brand or number, just match what you have there as far as size. If is under water, thru hull should be bronze and above water should be stainless or plastic. If you really want to go the original way, just call Grady and they will give you whatever info you like.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
I have the specifics on the original plastic thru hull, but have been unable to finding a corresponding retro-fit bronze or stainless. The OEM is Attwood and they have a stainless that's close (no bronze), but I wanted to know what others have used. Anyone? :shock:

Pay2Play

Reaction score
Maybe this is close to what you are looking for ?... ATTWOOD 66553-1 STAINLESS STEEL 1 1/2 INCH SCUPPER

Or...Perko, part number 377-B08-PLB bronze

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
As long as you have enough reach to get through the transom the brand will not matter. I went through a Grady dealer when I did the ones on my Sailfish, pricy but nice pieces (SS). Are your scuppers above water? I also prefer Bronze for anything that's not completely above water but they aren't pretty.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I got mine from Grady and price actually beat what I tried for the Attwood. Very happy with them!

Attachments

• Thru Hull Scuppers.jpg
    Thru Hull Scuppers.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 3,660

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
I got mine from Grady ..

Actually from Grady, or through a dealer? :wink:

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Dealer. I called and talked to Grady to get the list of part numbers for my boat. The scupper drains, on the deck that are plastic needed replacing and I was not able to find them anywhere, So Grady told me which part number to use and they had a newer design that fit perfectly and the 90 degree elbow is all one part now and not a threaded fitting. In the end, have to get through the dealer, but the age of my boat had some difficulty in getting all the right part numbers.
I had two fittings I had to order online from other sources as Grady did not have them any longer. I think I had 19 total fittings to replace. Only 1 of those I put in new as my 3rd 2000gph emergency Bilge.
I did use the plastic scupper drains in the deck instead of SS, but all others are SS.

One think I liked about the one's from Grady over the Attwood is there are no visible tabs inside the holes from the outside view like there are on the Attwoods. This makes for a cleaner look.

Attachments

• Thru Hull Triple.jpg
    Thru Hull Triple.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 3,650