scuppers on a marlin

jigstrike

Reaction score
I just got a 1998 marlin. I have some water coming in. It looks like it may be thru the scuppers which are at the waterline, or just below when standing in the stern.
How can I change these out? My arms are not 4' long!!!

Ozz043

Reaction score
Mm strange, my scuppers are a good 1"1/2 above the waterline when standing towards the stern..what engines are you running ?

-Dan

Reaction score
I do not have the same boat, but, when I replaced my deck drain hoses & scuppers I had to cut out an access hole in the deck to get to them. I cut out a 10 inch circle and got an Armstrong access plate to cover the hole. At first I was no too happy that I had to cut a hole and install an unnecessary access plate to cover it, but now I really don't even notice it.

Fishtales

Reaction score
could be brittle hoses. you prob need to cut an access panel as stated for the starboard side.
start with the port side and determine the hose condition and get some practice.

1998sailfish

Reaction score
Ozz043 said:
Mm strange, my scuppers are a good 1"1/2 above the waterline when standing towards the stern..what engines are you running ?

Agreed.......same here. Why are you so stern heavy?

GreatWhite23

Reaction score
Same here inch or better. Does your boat have four strokes. Great info on access hole

jigstrike

Reaction score
My boat has 2013 4 stroke 250's on it.
The thru hulls are right at waterline when tanks are full.
Looks like I'll have to do some cutting to replace. I think Ill wait til this winter though.
Many thanks for the replies.