SCUPPERS ON SAILFISH

GradyGEO

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to inspect the hose connections for the starboard scuppers on a 2000 Sailfish 272? I can't seem to be able to even see them form the aft seat access. Has anyone ever had to change the hose clamps?

Thanks.

SBLGFD

Reaction score
I have the same concern - I changed the port sides and would now like to replace the starboard ones - but short of curtting and access plate in I cant see any good way to get there .

sluggoe

Reaction score
i got an '02 and i think your '00 scuppers are in the same place;

you can see them (barely) when you open the seat hatch but are near impossible to get at;

i guess you would have to cut some flooring away but dunno....

--slugg

GradyGEO

Reaction score
This is what I was afraid of...I love my boat and I love Grady, but this is just plain dumb. (Sorry Guys).

I'm seriously thinking about cutting an access hatch (using a 6" deck plate to match the rest of the boat) where the transom door rests when open. I guess I should call the guys at CS to make sure that I will be able to achieve my goal...before cutting a big hole in my boat. :)

Thanks guys for your replies.

ahill

Reaction score
I have a 272 aslo. Be careful cutting a hole as there may be wiring or hoses behind it.
Try getting a mirror and looking in from under seat or floor access panel. Give us a report on your success.

Desperado

Reaction score
Let us know how you do it, i am in the same boat (literally). I would like to change my hoses and add a dive ladder to that side.

sluggoe

Reaction score
yep....let us know what they say please

ahill

Reaction score
I just posted a reply and it didn't take.
I have an armstrong ladder on stbd transom. A 6" pieplate was cut into vertical side of transom for install. I'll pull it and provide a report.

GradyGEO

Reaction score
Hi Guys...

Didn't forget about this, but I've had a bit of trouble geeting in touch with the guys at Grady. I did call again this morning and they are on an extended fourth of July holiday and will return next Monday.

I did look further into the potential access that could be gained by cutting the hole in the vertical side, and while it could get me the access needed for the through hulls, it doesn't look like that same hole will provide access to the outboard most deck drain. I'm looking forward to hearing what Grady proposes, cause I'm not sure I want to cut 2 holes...

Stay tuned.

BTW...ahill, did you get a chance to see what was on the other side of the 6" pieplate?

Desperado

Reaction score
It looks like I am high and dry for the rest of the summer (thanks BP), so if you figure out how to change the hoses I may make that my summer project. Keep us posted.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
When you hear back from Grady, please let me know. My brother has one of those camera scopes and I was able to inspect the hoses. Also, my arms are long so I can reach them. However, changing them would probably be tough. Thanks!

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Did play basketball in HS and college. 6' 5" with monkey like arms. Makes for reaching things great but buying clothing hard.