Sea Deck Debate

brdawg2001

Reaction score
Welp, after 20 years offshore dragging coolers and Fishing it was time to work on the deck non skid...I debated the Sea Deck but decided to redo with awlgrip...should be done this week and I will send pics....

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What is the cost compared to the SeaDek? I'm assuming considerably less?

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I think you made a good decision.

Personally, I hate the look of Sea-Dek

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I "thought" that AwlGrip is hard to re-paint down the road? If not, great - I know it's good stuff. Otherwise, you may want to use something that is more user friendly. For example, I used Petit's EasyPoxy non-skid about 6 years ago and it's holding up well. There's a couple, very small, spots that might need a touch-up soon - but that's going to be a 10 minute job... with 7 minutes of that time being used to shake and stir! Heck of a lot cheaper, too!

brdawg2001

Reaction score
Correction, they are spraying gel coat with the awlgrip additive. The non skid will look different but be much gripper. Picking it up Sat.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Correction, they are spraying gel coat with the awlgrip additive. The non skid will look different but be much gripper. Picking it up Sat.
It's called Griptex. I usually cut it with a little sand. It's a much better surface than the factory molded surface.

Reactions: brdawg2001