Sea of Cortez cruising

Yellow Boy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I am hoping to complete the purchase of a 1995 GW 270 next week. I intend to start off by mooring the boat in San Carlos Mexico. I know nothing of the waters and I am looking for ideas and suggestions for cruising. I will be carring one or two kayaks and would like to do some light tackle (fly fishing) fishing, kayak exploring, snorkling and scuba. I will need to collect some charts and other data.

Any input appreciated.

Tight lines......

Thanks,
Dale White - Tucson, AZ.
dalewhite@aol.com

Butcherboy

Reaction score
my kind of trip

Hi, the first thing to keep in mind is there is no coast guard.... and then remind yourself often. We keep a 209 at our place near Conception Bay for many yrs. so that is my favorite area. There are two travel clubs with tons of help and info..discover baja, and vagabundos del mar have been around for a long time. Also a great website called baja nomads is excellent for almost real time info sharing. Tom

Amigo

Reaction score
Beware of insurance requirements, liscensing and fishing liscense requirements. There are many different rules and regualtions than in the states.

http://vagabundos.com/

These folks have the answers and can supply you with insurance and liscenses. Very friendly not-for-profit group. It costs $35.00 a year to belong and you get news letter every couple of months.