Sea Star leaking.

Heyspike

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
So I tried to make my own hydraulic hose attachment to drain and refill/bleed the Sea Star steering piston.
A word of advice: BUY the Kit! I had oil everywhere, couldn't tighten the hose, it was just a mess. I ordered the Bubble Purge kit and will be doing it again this weekend.
The shaft is in great shape so I will be just replacing the seals this time.

Reactions: Bdsp1234

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hey..um.. Hey.. heh, yea, I constantly tell my friends that build stuff out of toothpicks and ask me why I "waste money" on buying things vs diy and that is experience telling me I will pay more heh. Better to learn the way you did than to learn out there on the water though, right?

Hope you got it all working!

R

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I made mine and haven't had any issues. I wish I would have done it earlier as its so nice being able to bleed by yourself.

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
So I tried to make my own hydraulic hose attachment to drain and refill/bleed the Sea Star steering piston.
A word of advice: BUY the Kit! I had oil everywhere, couldn't tighten the hose, it was just a mess. I ordered the Bubble Purge kit and will be doing it again this weekend.
The shaft is in great shape so I will be just replacing the seals this time.[/QUOTE

I have the bubble purge kit. It’s awesome.