Sea Trial - 360 Express

L

LBass

Finally able to get out on a sea trial on a 2008 360 Express...got a good look at everything while in storage. Anything I should be looking for or need to check out on the run. Any assistance appreciated...

seasick

Reaction score
I believe some of those hulls had a water intrusion issue on the port side aft near the joint where the hull was attached to the top deck mold. You can't see it from outside, you need to have the inside inspected to look for wet coring.
Due to factory quality control issue, the connection was not sealed well and when at sea, splashing water would seep into the hull.
I am kind of sure the problem was on Expresses but not so sure if it was on 360s.

L

LBass

I believe some of those hulls had a water intrusion issue on the port side aft near the joint where the hull was attached to the top deck mold. You can't see it from outside, you need to have the inside inspected to look for wet coring.
Due to factory quality control issue, the connection was not sealed well and when at sea, splashing water would seep into the hull.
I am kind of sure the problem was on Expresses but not so sure if it was on 360s.
Thanks! The surveyor did read some moisture in the port side aft area...

seasick

Reaction score
The issue can be very serious if present. Grady was repairing some under warranty . The problem is that serious damage to coring and structural members can occur before you see anything.
I don't remember the exact actions needed to determine if there is the issue but if the surveyor thinks there is excessive moisture in that port aft section, you need to be concerned. If you wan't to proceed a more thorough internal hull inspection may be required. You might try calling Grady and asking about potential issues but I am not sure if they would comment without an actual claim.
Let us know what happens

L

LBass

inkedimg_1962-002-_li-jpg.13100

The issue can be very serious if present. Grady was repairing some under warranty . The problem is that serious damage to coring and structural members can occur before you see anything.
I don't remember the exact actions needed to determine if there is the issue but if the surveyor thinks there is excessive moisture in that port aft section, you need to be concerned. If you wan't to proceed a more thorough internal hull inspection may be required. You might try calling Grady and asking about potential issues but I am not sure if they would comment without an actual claim.
Let us know what happens
InkedIMG_1962 (002)_LI.jpg

Area in question, inked out some to keep it anonymous...

dreineke24

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
What did you wind up doing? I'm seeing the same thing on my 36 grady.