Seacock extension handle / remote operation arm length

DoctorOctopus

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Does anyone know the seacock extension handle length on a Seafarer 228 (1986)? I'm about to try to replace mine.
thmarinesupplies.com

Seacock Remote Operation Arm - T-H Marine Supplies

Makes operating hard to reach seacock valves much easier. Operate seacock from the deck Stainless Steel construction Mounting brackets available to keep arm in easy to reach position Custom lengths available for boat manufacturers Brackets not included, sold separately. OEM/Bulk Product Name...
thmarinesupplies.com
thmarinesupplies.com

my guess is 24" since that is what TH marine is out of. Murphy's law!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I've used a pipe plenty of times for an old seacock that didn't get much exercise. I never thought of the notch part - to help get the full 90* and then to lift the handle again!

Reactions: coldpizza

Fishtales

Reaction score
Shoot an email to GW Cust Service. I replaced some of my ends once (before they were SS) and GW provided the details where to obtain.

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have one of these in both boats. I like it as it won't rust or ding the deck if dropped as it is heavy wall pipe. $20-ish so more than notching a pipe, but doesn't break the bank either.ball valve cheater.jpg

Reactions: A&J Outdoors

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
THMarine is the OEM source. When I bought my 2000 Seafarer three years ago, the yoke was not SS either, and had rusted off. They sent me a stainless replacement.
If you just want to do it on the cheap, google clevis yoke, and there are plenty of sources and materials from companies like Grainger and others.
Match the threads on the one you buy to some threaded rod, and you are half way there for a few bucks.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer

DoctorOctopus

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You'll have a hard time beating the design, and relatively low cost, of the original.

Bracket is extra, which takes a little of the shine away :(

I have one of these in both boats. I like it as it won't rust or ding the deck if dropped as it is heavy wall pipe. $20-ish so more than notching a pipe, but doesn't break the bank either.View attachment 28576
Amazing aluminum pipe with a hole in it technology … made this for about $5 out of an old boat hook just now . Doubt it will ding anything. Cut down to 20”. Replicating what I had is about break even at McMaster care. 5/16” stainless ball swivel and a stainless threaded rod and a bolt through the hole in the handle. Pipe with a notch in both sides is probably more useful honestly than what Grady supplied made of non-stainless

Attachments

• 217CBFBA-ED13-4BD4-A90E-B3A6950A4C4C.jpeg
    217CBFBA-ED13-4BD4-A90E-B3A6950A4C4C.jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: A&J Outdoors