Seacock Remote Operation Arm

JBlaze

Reaction score
Model
Islander
For reference, this is what Grady White Customer Service said to use when replacing valve/seacock etc. They emailed me that picture and that matches what is already in the boat.

I know the one on the left is better way to go (or newer way) but the valve in there now was originally installed by Grady and performed well for 17 years on my 330.View attachment 31528View attachment 31528
Thanks! I will give them a call to make sure I order the right size or are they pretty standard?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
There's more information than just the first post. Sometimes you have to read everything - that's what I was trying to direct you towards.

"And it does say on the link that I provided that it "Fits IBVF for Seacock Application"."

That is correct. And that is why you are wrong. Educate yourself on what that is and also on NPT vs NPS. Recommending, and continuing to recommend, a wrong product to somone without actual knowledge of what you're talking about will only waste his time and money... along with de-railing a helpful thread. It's OK to not know something - we all start somewhere - but be open to taking the advice that you're wrong on something and go back and learn about it.
Eh, you were on my ignore list so I didn't see your first post. And good lord almighty, the horror of linking the wrong product... gasp :eek:

Also, I know the difference between NPT and NPS.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You certainly won't hurt my feelings if you put me right back on that list.
Likewise. You've been on the ignore list for quite sometime now and I only saw your comments because I got a notification that you directly responded to one of my messages earlier in the thread. Which I was also quite surprised to see, since I figured you'd ignored me as well... but alas, I digress.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Likewise. You've been on the ignore list for quite sometime now and I only saw your comments because I got a notification that you directly responded to one of my messages earlier in the thread. Which I was also quite surprised to see, since I figured you'd ignored me as well... but alas, I digress.
CAPTCHA box

Please put me on the list too. I don't want to feel left out. Internet BOT. Look at all the responses. Never looks at images (can read but can't "see") and never posts any. Everything you can learn off the web but no real experience. Knows it all, can't accept criticism, doesn't learn from mistakes, argumentative. Bad training model.

Last edited:

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
CAPTCHA box

Please put me on the list too. I don't want to feel left out. Internet BOT. Look at all the responses. Never looks at images (can read but can't "see") and never posts any. Everything you can learn off the web but no real experience. Knows it all, can't accept criticism, doesn't learn from mistakes, argumentative. Bad training model.
Already there lol... the only reason why either of you show up on my screen is because you respond to my posts. Either way, I'm not going to further derail another thread. Good luck.

Chutch

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Just went through this with my pump out valve. Did the exact same thing and ended up just replacing the valve. Put a wrench on thru hull nut and then on on valve and see if you can unscrew valve. If thru hull is in good condition and doesn’t move, you’re probably good just replacing valve. Make sure to get exact threds.View attachment 31521View attachment 31521
Do you have a part number on the Groco valve? I need to replace the one for the generator I removed. Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
The part number depends on the size. For a 3/4 inch NPT valve the part number is IBV-750 I believe

Reactions: Chutch

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
The fitting is probably a 3/4" fitting. That's what mine look like.

The 3/4" refers to the inside diameter of the pipe. Outside diameter is close to 1".

Reactions: glacierbaze

seasick

Reaction score
I was also a bit surprised to read that that line of Groco products including thrus, valves, and scoops were all NPT.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
IBV Stands for in-line ball valve, and I don’t think it applies to scoops and through hulls. It is intended to be used on top of their IBVF(in-line ball valve flange), which has straight NPS female threads on the bottom, and male NPT on the top

1. ibvf_series_main_image.jpg
  2. ibvf_series_dim_image.jpg
  3. ibvf_series_installation_image.jpg

IBVF-750​

Bronze NPS to NPT Flange Adaptor
The Concept:

Patented IBVF Flanged Adaptors have been developed to address several common problems in the marine industry. Here’s what they do:
  • Eliminate dangerous thread miss-match when in-line valves are screwed onto thru hulls.
  • Accept standard thru-hulls into the base and standard in-line valves on top.
  • Provide a safe and sturdy assembly when in-line valves are used as seacocks.
  • For OEMs, prevent valve damage during engine or generator installation - the valve can be installed later.
  • Simplifies future valve replacement.
  • C83600 Bronze and #316 SS models

Last edited: