SeaDek combing pads anyone got them?

exudedude

Reaction score
I was thinking of putting them on my 232. Just trying to find out if they hold up well, especially the adhesive.

Thanks

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Were you thinking of using them in place of the bolsters? I think this product would be better suited for a deck cushion. Not sure how much padding this would provide for thighs and knees. I don't have any experience with this material so this is just my 2 cents.

exudedude

Reaction score
http://www.seadek.com/PageCoamingPads.html

the stuff is 20mm thick almost 7/8 of an inch. They are not supposed to tear or absorb water. When I pulled the old off sundy they pretty much melted to pieces. There is also slight blistering on the gelcoat in the area where they were...figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone. My budget is getting thin.

In the last few weeks I have
Removed and reset windows
Refurbished all of the real teak
Replaced all bulkheads with starboard
Replaced all fake teak with starboard
Replaced all hatches, access covers
Sealed every fricken screw exposed to the elements
Sealed winshield frame
All new latches
New anchor/ rode..this was needed as the previos owner had to big of anchor to fit..this is what caused alot of water to get in the cabin
New bilge pumps
New rod holders
Reworked electronics box
New washdown hose setup
New stator for engine
New trimtab for engine

I still need tackle station
New seats
alot of chips in the gelcoat to fix, they are all small
Buff out
I have the money stashed for repower if needed
Maybe powdercoat the hardtop frame
New rubrail...

I have to draw the line somewhere :shock:

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I stand corrected. I've only heard of the material for the deck.

The pictures and price are certainly attractive. It would be must less expensive than using the Grady bolsters.

exudedude

Reaction score
Strikezone said:
I stand corrected. I've only heard of the material for the deck.

The pictures and price are certainly attractive. It would be must less expensive than using the Grady bolsters.

They quote me the custom way all white for my 232 for 300 bucks

HaleNalu

Reaction score
Those look pretty good.

My concern would be about how they hold up to marking and dirt. Closed cell foam, especially white, seems to be tough to get dirt out of once it is on. With vinyl combing pads, you can scrub, use clorox, or other stuff to get them clean.

I like the idea of non-tearing/cracking, etc.

miker

Reaction score
the show ship shape did a thing on them pretty cool stuff,they clean up with soap&water and should last 7to10 yrs

tbyrne

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SEADEK

After reading this post I sent for a sample. Seems like a good product. Not quite as soft as I thought it would be. I thought it would be more Spongy but it is like a stiff sponge.

I considered using it in the bow area as a seat cushion back. Niot sure about it there, but for coaming pads it seems like a better use.

They also sent me some samples of the deck material. I may use it on the back of the boat where people seem to step to get on.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has tried it as I contemplate getting some.

T