SeaDek

1998sailfish

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this in their cockpit and helm ?
Just received my template kit. My non-skid is fine but I'm liking the look of the teak colors. From what I have read it holds up and cleans well. I must admit I am a bit reluctant to pull the trigger since once it is stuck there is no turning back ......

Sharkbait282

Reaction score
So my experience isn't in the helm or cockpit area, but we did the three stairs and full down below on a 282 Sailfish

http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24030&start=0&hilit=seadek

Although I'd recommend cleaning more often than I did (like once in a two year period), a once over pass with a little water, some ZEP high traffic carpet cleaner, and a little scrubbing with a medium brush brought it back to new looking after 2 seasons of use. We do between 150-200 engine hours/season, so we're on the boat a good bit.

It feels great under foot, looks good and holds up to high traffic. The teak patterns DO act like a crumb/hair/dust magnet, so a little brush or vacuum occasionally to keep the grime away is important. But otherwise no regrets. I have toyed with the idea of a section under the helm location at least to cushion the heels a bit on long bouts of driving . . .

1998sailfish

Reaction score
Sharkbait282 said:
So my experience isn't in the helm or cockpit area, but we did the three stairs and full down below on a 282 Sailfish

http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24030&start=0&hilit=seadek

Although I'd recommend cleaning more often than I did (like once in a two year period), a once over pass with a little water, some ZEP high traffic carpet cleaner, and a little scrubbing with a medium brush brought it back to new looking after 2 seasons of use. We do between 150-200 engine hours/season, so we're on the boat a good bit.

It feels great under foot, looks good and holds up to high traffic. The teak patterns DO act like a crumb/hair/dust magnet, so a little brush or vacuum occasionally to keep the grime away is important. But otherwise no regrets. I have toyed with the idea of a section under the helm location at least to cushion the heels a bit on long bouts of driving . . .

Thanks for the link and info. I'm pulling the trigger on this project.