SeaDek

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Not on Marlin, but my buddy just did on his 23.... looks very nice. He said it was easy but he’s a Boeing engineer.... was t too spendy. I’m going to avoid it on my Marlin I don’t trust the foam for herring guts and fish blood and Bloody Mary spills. Although I’ve heard it cleans up pretty well... they don’t know my crew and the stuff they can screw up.

Reactions: PointedRose

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Has anyone installed SeaDek on a Marlin? Any pictures? Cost? Thanks for any help or advice!
I installed Aqua Traction on my 282, similar boat. We love it, and it's actually very easy to clean. My kids smeared chocolate on it and it hosed right off. I went with dark gray with black lines, I can upload a pic if you'd like. The only downside is that it's a bit warmer on the feet than the deck was, obviously due to the color, but it's not so hot that it'll burn you. I'd not hesitate to install it again.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Been using seadek on various parts of my 208 for a few seasons. Fish blood and guts come off easily if washed right away. If they dry you’ll need soap and a stiff nylon bristle brush to get them off. Never bothered with the SeaDek brand cleaner as my boat is used for fishing so a little staining doesn’t bother me.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I’m going with Dekit. They are a bit firmer than Seadek and I’m not a fan of castaway customs. They are doing my dash, swim platform and double thickness on the bolsters all the way around. Should be ready to install in a few weeks. Freeman put Dekit on the map.

Harrysea

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thanks for the responses. There are a few products out there now and I ultimately went with FlexDek. I’ll post pictures in a s few weeks when it’s finally installed in case anyone is Interested in my solution.

Harrysea

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Finally got the deck installed yesterday except for one piece that had to be recut and will be put in place today. Here are a few pictures. Wife loves it, so I’m happy.

Attachments

• 78A3ED1D-BEB1-4F3D-9E52-0EEFC3EDAA3A.jpeg
    78A3ED1D-BEB1-4F3D-9E52-0EEFC3EDAA3A.jpeg
    871.6 KB · Views: 72
  • B95EA19B-4CD8-462A-9EB9-0B5AEC4B913F.jpeg
    B95EA19B-4CD8-462A-9EB9-0B5AEC4B913F.jpeg
    956.6 KB · Views: 70
  • E2897078-BCE6-4595-9ADF-2B17951B3DF8.jpeg
    E2897078-BCE6-4595-9ADF-2B17951B3DF8.jpeg
    950.6 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Uncle Joe

Connie

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
That looks great. Is there a product to use on just the tops of live wells & cabinets to look like teak?

Harrysea

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
You can use the same deck material on any hard flat surface, and I’ve seen a number of boats that seem to put it everywhere. I had it installed on the surfaces the helm and passenger seating is mounted on, as well as the instrument console on my tower (to cover a few cracks as well as to dress it up).

SouthFork

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I installed Aqua Traction on my 282, similar boat. We love it, and it's actually very easy to clean. My kids smeared chocolate on it and it hosed right off. I went with dark gray with black lines, I can upload a pic if you'd like. The only downside is that it's a bit warmer on the feet than the deck was, obviously due to the color, but it's not so hot that it'll burn you. I'd not hesitate to install it again.
How much of the deck did you do and what did it cost if you don’t mind me asking?

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
How much of the deck did you do and what did it cost if you don’t mind me asking?
I did everything except for the raised area around the front hatch and the enclosed head, even the swim platform at the transom. 3300 out the door.

naesb81

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
The guy who did my 265 before I got did the deck and the steps and floor of the cabin (very small). He said it was around $2500 for seadeck