SeaDek

Captn’J

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Hi all,
I have a 235 Freedom with the electric lounge. Has anyone added SeaDek or other cockpit flooring successfully with the electric lounge?

Thanks!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Hi all,
I have a 235 Freedom with the electric lounge. Has anyone added SeaDek or other cockpit flooring successfully with the electric lounge?

Thanks!
I assume this slides on rails in the floor? I haven't seen the Grady setup - but I have seen other boats with a sliding seat (Sea Ray, for example) and they use SeaDek. The big question is how much clearance you have from the part that is sliding over the floor to the floor, itself.

Measure your clearance - most commonly, SeaDek would be either 6mm or 9mm depending on the thickness you choose.

Reactions: Captn’J

TikiCharterFishing

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
This seat basically slides on the cockpit floor with no rails. I’d be surprised if it would be compatible with SeaDek. You might be able to put SeaDek up under it a few inches so it would slide on the SeaDek without having to jump up onto it.

Reactions: Captn’J

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
This seat basically slides on the cockpit floor with no rails. I’d be surprised if it would be compatible with SeaDek. You might be able to put SeaDek up under it a few inches so it would slide on the SeaDek without having to jump up onto it.
Not being familiar with it, myself, but curious... how does it slide? Are there rollers or nylon-type "glides"? Would he be able to cut the Seadek pattern such that there are slots in the Seadek to allow for the rolling/sliding feature?

TikiCharterFishing

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I own a 235 and it looks to me like the seat just slides along the floor. It “may” have some Teflon type pads but I haven’t seen them.

GWcpa

Reaction score
Old post. I just acquired a 235 with SeaDeck (or similar, have not confirmed it is SD.) There are slots in the SD pattern to allow for the lounge to roll on the deck.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
The sliding seat has teflon tabs on the bottom that it slides on. Seadek works just fine. They just cut two grooves for the tabs to slide through. Here's the diagram of my Seadek.
Seadek blueprint.jpg