Seafarer 228 fuel fill hose

Timcan

Reaction score
My Seafarer has 2 fuel tanks, I’m getting ready to replace both fuel fill hoses. For anyone who has done this how many feet of hose do I need for the job?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Somewhere on this forum is a chart that lists every hose size and length on the boat. It may have come from a service, or owner's manual. If you don't have one, they are online.

Timcan

Reaction score
Great thank you I will look for that.

seasick

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust a number unless I could verify it or make a reasonable estimate and add some extra.
One method that may work is to remove the hose at the tank and use a snake (like an electricians snake) inserted into the fill fitting. Push it through until it comes out the open hose in the tank coffin. Mark the snake at the fill and pull it out. Now measure the length of the tape and you will have an accurate length. The vent hose is a little harder if you have a combo fill/vent gas fitting. If you can get to the underside of the fill, remove the vent line at both ends and use the snake as above. I would not be surprised if the vent hose is longer than the fill hose. It may be if it has a high mounted loop.