Seafarer Bilge Drains

TunaTime

Reaction score
The front bilge on my 1994 Seafarer 226 drains very slowly. It is more of a trickle than a stream. I believed the PVC tube visible from the aft bilge was ran all the way through to the front bilge compartment. I attempted to run a 3/16" fiberglass rod through the PVC and it stops right under the access port for accessing the main tank level sender. It is stopping about 7 feet short of the bulkhead under the cabin door.

Am I wrong in the understanding that this PVC pipe is supposed to connect the forward and aft bilges?

dbiscayne

Reaction score
per the grady white website owners manual - scroll down to page 70 - there are two pvc drains going thru the rear bulkhead that separates the rear fuel tank compartment from the bilge.
with your head in the bilge looking forward, the pvc drain on the port side runs continuously to the front cabin bilge area, thats the one you want to clear.
the pvc drain on the starboard only runs about a foot, drains the fuel tank compartment. If you've got an outboard model this drain is open, if inboard model it should have a plug in it.
theres a third pvc drain you can't see that goes thru the bulkhead separating the two fuel tank compartments, it's also only about a foot long, no plug here.
if you're running a chase up the pvc drain on the starboard side it's probably wandering around in the fuel tank compartment then bottoming out against the fuel tank middle bulkhead.

http://www.gradywhite.com/the-grady-exp ... s-manuals/