Seafarer Bimini Top Dimensions

ENichols56

Reaction score
Hello, I'm the proud new owner of an '84 Seafarer. The boat needs a few odds and ends, but overall the hull is in fantastic shape! One item I am missing is a bimini top. Does anyone know the dimensions of the seafarer bimini top from that (or any other) era? From my measurements, I believe the dimensions should be something like 63"Wx36"Hx60"L. Unfortunately I cannot find a prefab top with these dimensions. Before I look into having a custom top built I wanted to check here to see if anyone could verify these dimensions. I want to make sure I get something close to the Grady White specs so that if I add sidecurtains later they will fit appropriately. I am interested if anyone is selling a used bimini top, or even just the frame, for a seafarer. Would also be interested in a used hardtop.

Attachments

• Grady.jpg
    Grady.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,179

rcrudder

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just took my bimini off and replaced it with a hard top. See ad in the for sale section of the forum. It is sitting in my den floor at the moment and at the base where the bimini attaches to the console or helm area (228G) is 69.5 inches. This is uninstalled. It appears that one would have a few inches play making it wider on narrower. I would be happy to send you a pic if you will respond to my gmail address. I check that more often than this site. Oh, I also have the front and side curtins. As I stated in the add I would consider them very good to excellent. I might add that it should fit any 228G GW.

Now to the hard top. I urge caution. I could never find a used top because as I was told more than once, when a boat is damaged it is the hard top that goes first in most cases. Back to caution, there are many who will send you a top in the box for installation. I can't vouch for their quality. But, for a bit more one can have a custom top made that will not crack or move around due to stress.

My boat was and is stored inside a storage barn and until recently the trailer had never been in the water. I always paid to use a sling on the fork lift when putting it on or taking it off the trailer. I just hate what salt water does to a trailer. This just got too expensive. I usually put it on the trailer once or twice a year for maintence.

Hope this helped.

Bob Rudder
rcrudder@gmail.com

ENichols56

Reaction score
Bob, thanks for the reply. I found your ad in the for sale section. I assume the sale mentioned in that thread fell through? Unfortunately, I ordered a top for my boat less than 12 hours before your reply! However, I would still be interested in checking it out. I will email you for pictures of it. What year seafarer do you have? I'm a little worried that if you have the more modern, curved windshield the curtains might not fit correctly. Will email you shortly. Thx, Eli

rcrudder

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I compared your pic to a pic of my boat and it appears that my boat has a curved windshield. Mine is a 1999 model. I can see that your boat had a top with curtins at one time. Look closely at the pics that I sent you.

Bob