Seafarer fuel sender

dadsgirl

Reaction score
The fuel sender in the 95 gallon fuel tank of our 1988 Seafarer needs to be replaced. Does anyone know the depth of the tank so I can order the correct sending unit ? I can't remove the sender without first removing the forward floor panel, so I am trying to get this information before my next trip to the boat.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I just replaced tank and sending unit. I ordered a wema unit from wemausa.com/KUS

My hull is 1987 228

My tank was 15.5" deep, so I ordered a 14.5" sender

I know if the tank ever reads empty, there is a couple gallons left in the bottom to get me home safely!

I also ordered the rubber gasket (comes with cork) from them as I wanted the best seal possible.

Good luck!

Lee

PS-Grady customer service will e-mail you the original diagram of the tanks dimensions if you care....just give them year and hull.

dadsgirl

Reaction score
I just replaced tank and sending unit. I ordered a wema unit from wemausa.com/KUS

My hull is 1987 228

My tank was 15.5" deep, so I ordered a 14.5" sender

I know if the tank ever reads empty, there is a couple gallons left in the bottom to get me home safely!

I also ordered the rubber gasket (comes with cork) from them as I wanted the best seal possible.

Good luck!

Lee

PS-Grady customer service will e-mail you the original diagram of the tanks dimensions if you care....just give them year and hull.
Thanks for the information Lee, I will check their site and get a sender on order.

Reactions: leeccoll