Seafarer - hard top electronics box for tackle storage?

tuckmart

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Has anyone come up with a good system for tackle storage in the electronics box built into hard top? I have VHF in the right hand side above helm, but the left box is completely open and seems like a good place to do tackle storage (out of the way, but accessible and dry / secure). My thought was to have a rack with Plano boxes like the built in storage on some larger models. Welcome any ideas / experience people have! thanks

Moganarok

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I put a large first aid kit up there. but it wouldn't be too hard, use starboard vertically to make your divider and then if space allows thin strips to separate your tackle boxes so you don't have to take them all out to get the bottom one.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Just thinking outloud here... any "rack" or "dividers" that you create will cut down on the amount of space you have for Plano boxes. You could just simply stack them on top of each other (it's not like you're going to have 10 boxes up there). Then maybe a little bungee or two to keep them in place, but easily removable.

Reactions: Halfhitch

Moganarok

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
that's very true, I would just turn them on their side then so you don't pull the bottom one and get all of them.