Seafarer Livewell removal

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Seafarer is such a long running model, and such a popular boat, and with several of us new owners, it seems like we need one thread for all things Seafarer. Not sure how to make that work.
Today’s question is about live well removal. Mine looks like it was installed, and then someone stuck a spray can in there and insulated the bottom 2/3, and the insulation is thicker than the cut out to remove it. I would have to take a long blade knife, and start slicing off insulation into the bilge, In order to pull the live well. Has anyone run into this problem?
Trying to reattach my through hull cut off rod, and do an overall check of pumps 9DE35EE8-53D0-462E-8874-EF0D8B6684CB.jpegand switches.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hey GB,

Yours is newer than mine, but the insulation on the bottom is identical to mine from the factory, so I am assuming it was original that way.

I can't imagine it won't come out by tilting here and there without going under the knife.

One of the members that has your setup can give you 100% advice.

Pighunter

Reaction score
I just reinstalled my live well on my 99 228 today. It looks just like yours. I didn't think it would come out but just wiggled it back and forth and it came out.

Reactions: JJMag

bFransen

Reaction score
Mine came out with a little wiggling. It's a tight fit for sure.

If you run it without the livewell installed don't forget to cap off the drain. I remembered the seacock but noticed water coming in when launching from the livewell drain.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Insulation is factory standard in case you want to use it for drinks. Both my Seafarers had it but it is easy to pull out as others stated. I normally undo the inlet hose before I undo the screws on the top then I pull the tank up and undo the outlet . I find it easier to use a 1/4" ratchet with 5/16" socket rather than a screwdriver but whatever works for you.
When you re-install use some caulk in the plastic fittings and don't do it super tight .