Seafarer rod stowage in cabin

Keeldad

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I love my 226 but I generally store 8-10 rods on board at any given time and I don’t like them laying around loose in the cabin. I’m trying to find some way to supplement the 4 from the factory but I’m not real keen on drilling any more holes in the cabin top. That being said, I’m sure there is some clever solution to this problem but I haven't quite hit on it yet. I’m sure somebody on this site has figured it out already.

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I love my 226 but I generally store 8-10 rods on board at any given time and I don’t like them laying around loose in the cabin. I’m trying to find some way to supplement the 4 from the factory but I’m not real keen on drilling any more holes in the cabin top. That being said, I’m sure there is some clever solution to this problem but I haven't quite hit on it yet. I’m sure somebody on this site has figured it out already.
A solution?
00B45A9F-6197-4332-8776-1FF4CC81A50B.jpeg
Leave them at home? Just kidding. I installed these.
3AF27B8B-306F-4FDD-AF96-2802722A792F.jpeg
Doesn’t help if you want to lock them up.

Keeldad

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Lite Tackle, The best part about a collection of that size is you could easily sneak more in and nobody would ever notice.
I have enough rod holders in and around the cockpit and rocket launchers on the hardtop but because my son and I occasionally fish without each other we leave the tackle on board in the cabin. 8-10 rods laying on the cushions tend to get tangled up and banged around a bit. Also, most of the rods are just about as long as the cabin so it takes some effort stowing and unstowing them.

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Lite Tackle, The best part about a collection of that size is you could easily sneak more in and nobody would ever notice.
I have enough rod holders in and around the cockpit and rocket launchers on the hardtop but because my son and I occasionally fish without each other we leave the tackle on board in the cabin. 8-10 rods laying on the cushions tend to get tangled up and banged around a bit. Also, most of the rods are just about as long as the cabin so it takes some effort stowing and unstowing them.
Shhhh! Don’t give away my strategy.
I wanted to add holders to both my camper shell and in the cuddly and haven’t found a good way due to the thickness (or should I say thinness) of the fiberglass, so for now I’ll just hope someone else found the secret and will post up.

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I only take 3 rods when I fish. One for catching live bait, one for jigging and one for casting. My son always use the same rod for everything. So that 4 rods if I bring a bud they usually bring 2 rods.
Plenty of holders on board, to also include net and gaff.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I usually carry 10-12 rigs with me on our annual guys trip for catfish. I have my hook either hooked under the reel or in the hook eye on the rod. I wrap my loose line from rod tip to eye around the rod and hook it over the eyes. Keeps the tangles down. No good way of storing in the cabin, they just lay on the port side cushions while traveling, once at the lake, I fish with a 5 rod spread and the rest go on the hardtop, if I want to clear the cabin out.

Reactions: Lite Tackle

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That’s pretty much the storage process I use. The vertical rod holders installed at the rear seats are used for club, bogagrip and rods when rigging or running between spots. Most rods I use are between 7’ and 9’ and don’t fit real well in cabin anyways.

Reactions: Ky Grady

Keeldad

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
LiteTackle. The late author Patrick McManus wrote a story called “gunrunning”( Google it). It is about adding additional guns to your collection without the wife catching on. I think it also could apply to your collection.
I’m working on a few ideas. The rack in the back (or left side) is the original Grady. The other two are possible options to double my capacity. I’ll just attach them to a piece of starboard with the same hole pattern as the original.
D5276BF5-284F-416C-B251-0CE64897BD31.jpeg

Reactions: leeccoll