Seafarer side window screens

handinpalm

Reaction score
I have been looking to replace the port and starboard side window screens on a 2005 228 Seafarer. GW does does not support this part any more. Has anyone replaced their screens lately? Looking for a vendor for replacement.

Attachments

• DSCN4744[1].JPG
    DSCN4744[1].JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 518

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Who's the manufacturer of the window? Contact them to see if they can help.

When you say "GW does not support"... did you contact GW directly?

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
handinpalm,

Mine are a lot worse off than ours. I contacted Grady and they suggested cutting out the screen making a new screen and figure out a way to put the screen on. They said some customers put black adhesive on to hold the screen on place. I am going to take mine to a screen shop and see what they can do.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I think that is the play. You have the frame. Go to a screen shop and get a piece of fabric screen. Try it a couple of ways - maybe cut to side and tack to the frame using black rubber adhesive (HD caulk/glue aisle) or maybe cut large and use put fishing weights (or anything small and heavy) on one side and then pull tight and put weights on the other side. Glue thru the screen onto the frame.

handinpalm

Reaction score
I did receive a reply for the question from GW customer service. This p/n is for a 2005 228, I imagine it is the same for a 2003.

"The vendor for the cabin side window are made by POMPANETTE, LLC ( PH# 813-751-5739) and the item # is NC6525--POR—SA (port window) and the starboard side window item # is
NC6525--STB—SA. They can let you know if the screens are still available for your boat."

I will give them a call tomorrow and look into it. Thanks GW customer service!

Edit: The real number is for Bomar (part of POMPANETTE, LLC), 603-826-5791. P/N is P3000-SC-6525PT (port) and P3000-SC-6525SB (starboard). They can still get these and it is a 4 week lead time. Very painless and good customer service!

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Were you able to get a hold of the manufacturer? I called twice left a voicemail and no response.

handinpalm

Reaction score
mmiela said:
Were you able to get a hold of the manufacturer? I called twice left a voicemail and no response.

Yes, did you read my post? Did you call Bomar?

Bomar (part of POMPANETTE, LLC), 603-826-5791

My screens were shipped and are due for delivery tomorrow. About 2 week lead time, instead of the 4 week they quoted. Good company to work with!

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes I did read it. I called twice with no response.
How much were the screens?

handinpalm

Reaction score
Screens were $27/ea and $26 shipping and handling for qty 2. I thought was reasonable. When I ordered, phones were fully staffed w/ knowledgeable staff. Made me feel good.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That's great. Don't tell them its for a boat. The price will jump to $120 ea......

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Was able to get a hold of them and ordered both screens. Thanks for the leg work on this one. They said 7-10 business days to ship.

KEZ

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The boat I just purchased needs new screens, but I have a few questions for anyone that has already replaced theirs. Thanks for all the great information above - very helpful. My screens were inside the cabin and when I pulled them out to install, I realized they were pretty rickety from sun damage. Just handling them and testing the rotation of the clips that hold the screen in place, found that several of the clips were already missing and two more fell off in my hand. So how well do the new screens fit? Are these clips robust enough to get new screens installed without breaking a significant number of the clips off? Do the new screens last long enough to warrant the purchase price? (My boat will be stored in a shop building so limited sun when not on the water). Thanks in advance for any experience you may provide!