Seafarer Storage Ideas

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Storage is sufficient for most of us on the Seafarer. Organized storage can be problematic. A small lockable single drawer under the port helm seat, small lockable compartment under the starboard helm seat. Radio box, electronics box, large compartments in the cockpit, all great storage but depending what you are storing could be a cluttered mess. In the cabin, more of the same.

What I find missing is easily accessed fishing tools and tackle stored in an orderly method. Yes, I use Plano boxes and have a number of tackle bags that I bring onboard when heading out. Drawers are my favorite method of organizing the type of gear I’m speaking about. I found this picture which sparked this thread. Any other ideas or thoughts on this issue?
8F1B3E34-009B-45D7-B759-B3B626AD514C.jpeg

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Are you thinking of convert the shelf to something with drawers/doors? If so I have thought the same.. Interested to hear your thoughts..

Summertop511

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’m still trying to figure out what to do with all that space where the aux tank option would go

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I like the size of the cabinet in the picture. Is that factory? I was thinking of access from the side (starboard). Not having to enter the cabin to access cabinet. Perhaps three 3700 boxes vertical, side by side at the bottom and three long, narrow drawers above that. This would leave the bow facing wall of cabinet available to mount back up fire extinguisher, Epirb, life ring or whatever.

Keeldad

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Bought this tackle system last spring at the Atlantic City boat show. We really like it. They threw in the T shirt so the picture was for them of my son wearing their shirt and using their product. I have no stake in this business just that they are very nice people (husband and wife) who developed this and happened to be describing to someone else how they used it on their own Grady Seafarer as we were walking past their booth. That got my attention. It’s portable and the main space holds 6 lure boxes and we populate it with boxes for whatever species we’re targeting that day. There’s optional doors on each side that you can customize for however you want. Also a large seat/top opening storage area and knife block and removable cutting board are also part of the unit. You can see how we use it on our 226. When we’re back at the slip we store it in front of the passenger seat area.
I agree that the Seafarer is a boat with a lot of potential for additional storage especially the additional tank area if not installed, but I have a difficult time making any type of semi-permanent modifications where the tradeoff of space/ease of use /seaworthiness doesn’t make sense for me.

Attachments

• 0703B76C-5723-45F0-9557-7D624DFCD5EF.jpeg
    0703B76C-5723-45F0-9557-7D624DFCD5EF.jpeg
    709.6 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: C-Farer

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looks nice. I need something out of the elements. Or at least in an area not getting blasted by raw water wash, waves and spastic fish. If I placed that tackle center where you show, I’d either be freshwater rinsing all my tackle every single trip or would have thousands in rusted crap.

In the cabin, accessible from outside the cabin is ideal. It locks up, out of the elements and for me, there’s plenty of wasted space in the cuddy. Don’t sleep there nor plan too unless the better half kicks me out (more room than the doghouse).

Reactions: JJMag

UCPA111

Reaction score
I’m still trying to figure out what to do with all that space where the aux tank option would go
I moved my main tank forward and turned the extra space into a compartment. I built a shelf to hold my batteries and have a ton of space for bait bucket, planer boards, and bumpers. Check it out at about 7:35 mark in my video:

Summertop511

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yeah I watched the video a couple days ago. It came up in my youtube suggestion lol. On my 226 any more weight to the bow would t be good. Idk what to do with that area. It’s a big open hole. I just got the boat. Doing other projects to it first. Use the boat this year and see if I might just add the tank for more range. ‍See what kind of boating we do with the new rig.

UCPA111

Reaction score
Yeah I watched the video a couple days ago. It came up in my youtube suggestion lol. On my 226 any more weight to the bow would t be good. Idk what to do with that area. It’s a big open hole. I just got the boat. Doing other projects to it first. Use the boat this year and see if I might just add the tank for more range. ‍See what kind of boating we do with the new rig.
I know of others who have turned the forward compartment into storage as well. So, I think you have options.