Sealing cabin door on Sailfish

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gents,
Installed AC on the boat last summer. Any suggestions on how to block the vents in the cabin doors. Someone suggested a piece of canvas with snaps. Since the door is bifold, I don't think it will open all the way.

Winged Pig

Reaction score
We obtained the same boat last summer, and I have to say I have seen no need to block the vents on our cabin door. In fact, most of the time I leave the door open when running the AC and it cools down and stays cool in the cabin just fine. I guess if I were to seal up the door it might be a little cooler, or the AC unit might run a little less, but, so far at least, I don't see the need.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What size unit do you have? I installed a 6500 BTU Mermaid and it takes about an hour to get it from 95 down to 72. What year is your Sailfish?

Winged Pig

Reaction score
Not sure about the specs on it, I believe it was original equipment from the factory. It cools off pretty fast and pumps a lot more water than I would have expected. If I can remember correctly I had it set at 70 during some really hot weather and it seemed to cool down to that temp in about forty five minutes, and that was with the cabin door open.

edit: Sorry, our boat is a 1998