Sealing the two halves of a pre-2005 330 Express fish box hatch together

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The earlier 330's like mine have a fish box with two doors which allow a lot of rain water in. Since I often use mine for storage the constant wetness annoys me. I fixed by physically attaching the two doors and adding a gasket!

Attachments

• IMG_7560.JPG
    IMG_7560.JPG
    855.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7559.JPG
    IMG_7559.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Nice idea. I'm shamlessly going to steal your idea for the measuring tape in that location for mine. I've been trying to find an out of the way, yet accessible place for one.

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Interesting idea, I may steal that for myself. I typically carry a cooler and don't use that box for anything but the split lid never made much sense to me.

Now if you can figure out how to cram in cup holders and a shower head next to it I'm really interested. (I actually have a whale pull out deck shower that I THINK might fit in the narrow spot by the transom door)

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Nice idea. I'm shamlessly going to steal your idea for the measuring tape in that location for mine. I've been trying to find an out of the way, yet accessible place for one.

Heh - actually that was put in by a previous owner, and I will remove that when I get around to it!

Here's the one I installed which I find much more useful for big fish (caught 2 62" big eye tuna last week!). It turns out the toe rail is exactly 6ft long so you can also measure from the other side and just add 3 ft...

Attachments

• IMG_8690.jpg
    IMG_8690.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: kirk a

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Interesting idea, I may steal that for myself. I typically carry a cooler and don't use that box for anything but the split lid never made much sense to me.

Now if you can figure out how to cram in cup holders and a shower head next to it I'm really interested. (I actually have a whale pull out deck shower that I THINK might fit in the narrow spot by the transom door)

Cup holders would be useful for sure! What about putting 2 on the hatch of the port side corner hatch (I use that for garbage)... Rain water would collect, but one could just open the hatch to dump it out!

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Actually, the toe rail does make more sense, in a lot of ways. Scratch my earlier steal, and put me down for stealing this one!

Beautiful Eyeball, too!