Searching for a 282 Sailfish

Jensenjk04

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I’m new and from WA. REALLY want to take a mid-2000s Sailfish for a test drive before I throw down the money on one, and talk to some experienced owners. Please let me know if you’d be willing to take me out. I’ll pay for the gas! DMs are great if you want to keep a low profile.

Update: had correspondence with a charter captain in BC and he recommends going to the 300 Marlin. Thoughts from anyone?

Last edited:

Pescatore282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I’m new and from WA. REALLY want to take a mid-2000s Sailfish for a test drive before I throw down the money on one, and talk to some experienced owners. Please let me know if you’d be willing to take me out. I’ll pay for the gas! DMs are great if you want to keep a low profile.

Update: had correspondence with a charter captain in BC and he recommends going to the 300 Marlin. Thoughts from anyone?
I’m in Kitsap and have a 2005 282 Sailfish. Great boat! Next bigger to consider is 33 Express Cruiser!!

naesb81

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I have a 265 Express, moved up from a 24ft CC. I would love to have upgrade to a 305 or 33 Express but I run the boat solo for the most part and was nervous about trying to dock a 305 or 33 solo in the wind. I think once I get more comfortable with the 265 I will think about upgrading again.

Grady fun 5

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I have a 265 Express, moved up from a 24ft CC. I would love to have upgrade to a 305 or 33 Express but I run the boat solo for the most part and was nervous about trying to dock a 305 or 33 solo in the wind. I think once I get more comfortable with the 265 I will think about upgrading again.
305 with a bow thruster and a little practice Is a breeze to handle alone, if with some wind in tight area. Just takes practice and the boat is as tank

Salmondogs

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
If your just day tripping for fish I'd say the Sailfish is fine. But if you plan on taking extended trips and or plan on boating in the San Juan's or up into BC regularly your going to want the Marlin. The extra cabin space is really nice and the extra overall size helps alot when the weather picks up like it does around here. We were out in this last Labor Day storm in our Marlin, we still got pounded but I wouldn't have wanted to be in anything else.

Dand1

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
You may want to consider the 305 Express it’s an extremely stable boat with a lot of comfort and reliability. You have a little less fishing space but a good bit more living space than the Marlin. Both fantastic boats but have trade offs you owe it to yourself to look at them side by side.

jjack5150

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish

My 282 is in the Newport marina. I’ll take you out any time.