Seastar Hoses

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I am wanting to shorting the hoses on my autopilot and I am wondering if I can use these fitting? I need a 2 hose between 4"- 6", and need to know if these fittings will handle the pressure from the helm on my Seafarer 228. Thanks and I appreciate your help... Brad
Parts Fittings For Bulkhead Hose W/O-Ring 2TFMS-6-5B 1614472868357.png

Late Again Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.littleriversportfishing.com
Model
Sailfish
Not sure if that will do want you need but these folks are a great source for seastar products. They have several premade lengths available.

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not sure if that will do want you need but these folks are a great source for seastar products. They have several premade lengths available.

Thanks for the info, I’ll call them on Monday.

Fishtales

Reaction score
IDK if I would do it myself to be honest. If you lose fluid thus pressure, you can lose all steering.
I'd buy from these folks.
Seatech Marine Products, Inc

I changed out the (4) plastic hydraulic lines last year. Two were 4' (standard size), two were 7' (closest stock is 8'). I called them and they indicated they make the cables and did a set of 7'ers for same cost.

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SkunkBoat,
Thanks for the info, are the fittings still going strong?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Reactions: Ryhlick

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Its for Seastar "Outboard" 5/16 id 1000psi.
I used some of the original hose as well as new hose. So with that 25 ft piece in your link you could cut in two pieces and add new ends.... get two 12 footers out of it...
fittings are about $20 on ebay
Thats what I did ...bought 2 LONG premade hoses and some fittings and made what I needed.
Long premade hoses cost not much more than 2 footers! The cost is in the fittings and labor to make and ship them

It will not fit on SeastarPRO 1500psi hose.
They make a version of the fitting that fits 3/8 id, maybe that works on Seastar Pro IDK...

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thank you skunkboat!!!! I just wanted to make sure before I placed the order. I have a few 6" pieces I need to make for my helm to auto connections and what's in there now is brass tubing. Im assuming I can just buy the long 25' piece, fittings, and make my pieces as needed. This is all new to me so I appreciate the help.