SeaStar problem

dduflo

Reaction score
I periodically check the fluid level in my hydraulic steering and find that I need to add an ounce or so to top it off. A year ago I added the Garmin AP and thought I was very carful when I bled the lines. The boat has sat all winter and when I checked it today I added about 4-5 ounces. It was full when it went into storage. I've checked every fitting and find no leakage anywhere. Just a little air floating to the surface in the steering hub or do I have another issue? The AP and steering work fine with very little, about a inch, of play in the wheel. Thanks

30marlin

Reaction score
I would figure if you don't see a leak that it could be air.
Don't know if you have power assist.

I discovered that Grady did not install the clear lower pressure tube between my helm unit and the P/A pump.
The fitting had a rubber cap under the nut. When I loosened the nut the plug shoot out under pressure and drained the helm unit onto the deck.
I contacted Teleflex and they said it must be installed. After I installed the line, i bleed the system out manually.
Not sure if I got all the air out. I can get a half turn on the helm pump after the motors hit the steering stops with twin F250's. I am now in the process of installing an auto pilot myself.

dduflo

Reaction score
I do not have a power assist.