Seat glides

seasick

Reaction score
My nylon seat glides finally gave up on my 2001 208. I searched the boards for recommendations and other than going to the Grady dealer (which is really really far away) I can'r find a mail order source. I am not sure if the seats were Pompanette, I can't find any names on the seats or the seat slide mechanisms. I see what looks like the seats on the Pompanette site but there are no parts listed and the current mounting spiders are different than what's on my vessel.
All of the sites that were mention in various boards are no longer in business or don'r carry the seat parts. I searched Ebay too, no luck.
The parts in question are rectangular shaped nylon glides about 6 inches long and about 1/2 inch wide and 1/4 inch thick with a slot along the length. They may be called Glide Slides.

Thanks for your help

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not sure if they are the original Grady seats as all were not stitched with the Grady emblem. Bu I ordered mine from a Grady dealer in Washington state who mailed them to me here on Vancouver Island. Your description sounds the same as what I received. Good luck! trapper

capt1947

Reaction score
Hi Seasick,

I had the same problem with the seats on my 95 Tournament 225. I ended up making my slides. I removed the sliding seat from the boat and worked on the bench. I took a piece of 3/4" Azek Trimboard, ran it through my tablesaw, fashioned it to the correct length and thickness. Drilled and tapped for machine screws in the aluminum framework and it works great. The Azek is a 100% pvc product that is also available at the big box stores. Buy the smallest size possible.
Good luck
Capt 1947

seasick

Reaction score
I have been thinking about making my own. Unfortunately at the moment I am not near the boat and I left the broken slide on it.
My slides look like nylon but I have some HDPE slippery stock that I use for making woodworking jigs ( when I used to do a lot more woodworking)
The slides are straight and not particularly complex, so I will probably take a stab at making them in the off season.

capt1947

Reaction score
I regret not taking some photos of the substitute slides for my seat. I can tell you that if you use a small tap ( 8-32 ) for the aluminum frame and use fh machine screws ,countersunk so as not to rub on the seat frame, you should be fine. I used three screws for each side of the seat. Make sure that the new glide material is just thick enough to allow the seat to slide freely. If too thin, the seat won't slide smoothly.
Good luck

seasick

Reaction score
Thanks for the good wishes. I will post my results in a few months or so

chrisk

Reaction score
My nylon seat glides finally gave up on my 2001 208. I searched the boards for recommendations and other than going to the Grady dealer (which is really really far away) I can'r find a mail order source. I am not sure if the seats were Pompanette, I can't find any names on the seats or the seat slide mechanisms. I see what looks like the seats on the Pompanette site but there are no parts listed and the current mounting spiders are different than what's on my vessel.
All of the sites that were mention in various boards are no longer in business or don'r carry the seat parts. I searched Ebay too, no luck.
The parts in question are rectangular shaped nylon glides about 6 inches long and about 1/2 inch wide and 1/4 inch thick with a slot along the length. They may be called Glide Slides.

Thanks for your help
I found a source in Florida for these. I bought six sets as they were hard to find. PM me and I will share the info.

Chris

chrisk

Reaction score
OK, found the info. I got them from RST Marine in Daytona Beach. 386-562-0098. The Todd PN is 9994-144 and they are called Seat Gibbs. I paid $5.49 each for them. You will need two (2) for each seat.

Chris

Reactions: Kevin Hawes

seasick

Reaction score
I am not sure until I get to the boat but I don't think that is the part for my seat. Mine have no curves.
Thanks for the info, it may still help

Paul_A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I am not sure until I get to the boat but I don't think that is the part for my seat. Mine have no curves.
Thanks for the info, it may still help

I probably have the same slides as you. I cut 4 pieces out of starboard and used a 1/4" straight router bit to cut the groove.

They work perfectly. If you have the tools save the money.

seasick

Reaction score
I probably have the same slides as you. I cut 4 pieces out of starboard and used a 1/4" straight router bit to cut the groove.

They work perfectly. If you have the tools save the money.
Right now, that is my plan. Tools are not an issue:)

Willy-C

Reaction score
Seasick, is this the pair of slides you have. I have need for two. Thought of making these on the Bridgeport but if anyone has a lead on where to get two I’m in
B65AEA10-73E9-47EF-BF49-702EBAEAAA6E.jpegBFDAAD61-0E92-46B3-945C-331AFB2772FC.jpeg

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Willy,
If you find a source, please let us know.
BTW, your press tool is still sitting on my bench waiting for warm weather. We haven't seen a winter this consistently cold in a long time, so I haven't had the conditions to install my flared fitting. Forecasting 52 this weekend, but I still don't think that is warm enough for 4200.:(

Willy-C

Reaction score
Willy,
If you find a source, please let us know.
BTW, your press tool is still sitting on my bench waiting for warm weather. We haven't seen a winter this consistently cold in a long time, so I haven't had the conditions to install my flared fitting. Forecasting 52 this weekend, but I still don't think that is warm enough for 4200.:(

Craig,
I will let you know if I use a source or make a pair. I have the technology just havent had the time this winter.
Keep the press tool or pass it along to others.

Reactions: family affair

seasick

Reaction score
I was not able to find them. I ended up up machining a set using a piece of HPDE . It was a lot of work, it didn't fit as tight as the originals, tolerances are critical. They do work but the seat wobbles a bit Next time if there is one, I will just get new mounts.

Reactions: GW 300 Marlin

Fishtales

Reaction score
Check Llebroc. They sell a slide and fixed height mounts. I think the ones GW use get loose after time and just are not all that secure (shake, rattle and roll wise).
I just bought a slide and fixed mount with a new Marlin seat. Hoping I like this better than the stock seat and parts.

Willy-C

Reaction score
I ended up making a pair from scrap pieces of 1/2” thick. starboard from a friend. Worked sweet, nice and smooth, took a little time on the milling machine but happy they will outlast me (which shouldn’t take long:p).

2D9E06BF-0133-4DFA-A05A-2FE55C959AEC.jpeg6BD1E47B-8E8F-4BBF-8A83-18407EF645BE.jpegA7EBE33A-76F6-44E4-B0E0-E3658F22E8D2.jpeg

Reactions: family affair