Seat slide stuck on 2013 Canyon

jshallen

Reaction score
My seat slide adjustment is stuck in the far back position. How do I remove the seat to gain access to the slide brackets? I see 4 bolts on the bottom but loosening those doesn’t free the seat.

seasick

Reaction score
Most common situation is that the seat post receptacle just slides onto the pedestal. To remove the seat and slider mechanism, losen the knob that stops the seat from turning and then list up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Joe

Eltajin

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
My seat slide adjustment is stuck in the far back position. How do I remove the seat to gain access to the slide brackets? I see 4 bolts on the bottom but loosening those doesn’t free the seat.
Any luck with this yet? I'll be working on the same issue on a 2011 Canyon 336 in order to reupholster the seats this winter. I have the Garelick eez-in slide mounts, Patent No: 6,460,818. Two of the three slides are stuck all the way back. I've tried intermittently/casually over the season to figure it out but haven't been able to. I'll try the recommendation above from Seasick among other things, and report back.

jshallen

Reaction score
I didn’t get a chance to work on it anymore. I know loosening the nuts under the seat doesn’t work.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
As Seasick said....in most cases the seat is not attached to the pedestal except at the top.

jshallen

Reaction score
I don’t see any bolts on the back. Does the cover unzip to expose them?

seasick

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of under the seat. There would normally be a few slotted bolts that attach the seat slider mechanism to the seat bottom. Yours may be different,.
Can you confirm that you can lift the seat off of its pedestal?

Eltajin

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
So I finally dismantled my seats this weekend and it was a pain. As others posted, at least for the 2011 canyon, there are actually just 4 bolts from each seat that attached to the slider mechanism, and then 4 bolts that attach the slider mechanism to the boat (some if those nuts are very difficult to access so that was a no go).

After loosening the bolts I needed to gently pry the seat off using a flat head screwdriver. (And since two of my seats were stuck all the way back I couldn’t access one of the bolts on those and needed to pry with a crowbar….).

I took some photos, hopefully this helps.

AE70375E-B9CE-4DB2-99B9-995453CC6E7A.jpeg

AAFC4D41-62A0-4BAC-955A-F0FA5DCFF8B8.jpeg6E8B8DE0-174B-4648-A406-FAB79375083C.jpeg