Seats

cory

Reaction score
Hi i have a 1994 sailfish and i hate the original seats on it. They are so uncomfortable does anyone know where i could get ones that will fit the same pedastal for cheaper than the grady ones? Also the plastic canvas is getting old and cracking that to is very expensive so if anyone else knows a cheap way to fix ar replace that it would be great thanks.

Cory

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I would recommend the Garalick seats & hardware. Their quality and fit & finish absolutely blow away the Wise, B & M, Tracy, etc. They will cost you more but they are worth it. The post is universal so you can pick and choose the hardware set-up you like (swivel, slider, locking, etc).

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Welcome new member!

And what style seat do you have now, ladder back with seperate arms?

Nothing for boats is cheap anymore !

"Plastic canvas", are you talking about the canvas enclosure for the bridge?

cory

Reaction score
I have the regular seats witout arm rest and they arent ladder back. They are really uncomfortable and the plastic canvas that attaches to the hard top and encloses you in.

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
If the new hardware does not fit, you can fabricate a mounting plate out of Starboard
seatplate.bmp.jpg
[/img]
helmseat.bmp.jpg

Mounting the Shock absorbers makes for a much softer ride.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The members have proposed lower cost alternatives to Grady all good, some very good deals on pairs as well, get seat and cushions only.
They fit same pedestal.

Grady had ladder backs optional on your boat when new, as mine.

As far as canvas goes, it is not actually canvas but totally synthetic. Depending on where you are, I would say a complete new set of canvas will cost about $2K. If you take care of it, it will last 5 - 10 yrs. Ask your local marina or Grady dealer, or neighbors in marina for recommendations, get a few quotes.

If your canvas and zippers are still good, you can save plenty by having only the clear windows replaced. They yellow, scratch, shrink, harden, and crack over time.

That's what I intend to do next, since I went fully new on canvas about 7 yrs ago. Especially the front windows since looking out those all the time.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
By the way, your existing seats are a nice upgrade on much older 20 footers that had just a flat bottom seat and no sides, post the existing seats for sale in the other index.

I upgraded my seats to the type you have on my 20' 204C when I had it, gave more support in rocking seas and a place to rest arms. A little tougher to transition to the bridge for the big guys though, I had to turn sideways.