SeaV2 hull question. New to forum!!

Liberty22

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm totally new to this forum. I'm looking at Grady white islanders in the 1998-2004 range. I posted the question below on the hull truth and was told to post it here. Thank you everyone in advance!

I've looked at 4 Grady white islanders and some have the SeaV2 hull and some don't.

A 1998 (had seaV2 hull)
A 1999 (had seaV2 hull)
A 2000 (did not have seaV2 hull, owner says it does but hull doesn't have the jog in the stern. Pictures attached )
And another 2000 online looks like it doesn't have the seaV2 hull

I'm confused. Was it optional? Recommendations?? Thanks again

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
I don't have the details for that particular boat. But here are a few things to consider.
- A mold has to be built for the seaV2 hull for the particular boat, once it is complete it isn't going back. Molds are big $ and take a lot of time.
- GW worked with (and paid) for the seaV2 hulls. GW markets these hulls extensively. Again - once converted, it is there/
- There are mold changes from time to time. These could be done for a host of reasons like: extending the hull completely aft (some had a notch on the bottom and the hull toward the aft, maybe for strengthening the hull for larger capacity OBs, maybe for a different transom design - you get the idea.
- Contact GW customer service off the website. They can tell you exactly when the hull was cut in and about any design changes you are seeing out there.

Good luck!

Liberty22

Reaction score
It's a year 2000 268 islander.

That's a good suggestion. So get the HIN and call? Thank you

moklodge

Reaction score
All Islanders have always been SeaV2. SeaV2 was implemented over time to all models and no model ever went back from SeaV2. It is Grady White's signature hull design.

Liberty22

Reaction score
moklodge said:
All Islanders have always been SeaV2. SeaV2 was implemented over time to all models and no model ever went back from SeaV2. It is Grady White's signature hull design.

Is the jog at the stern the sea V2? This boat doesn't have that. It's straight all the way back. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The Sea V2 is a variable deadrise design....a jog at the stern doesn't signify whether or not it is Sea V2.

The Sea V2 design was phased in over time in the early 90s...the last hull to convert to the new Sea V2 design was the 192 and it was in 1994.

If the boat is - in fact - a 2000 268 Islander then it's a Sea V2. Ads can be misleading....folks will advertise a boat as 2000 when the hull itself may be much older but the boat was repowered in 2000 with new outboards. The only way to confirm what year a hull is would be to check the HIN - last two digits are the model year.