SeaV2 Seafarer with I/O?

JaketheMoose

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Good Evening All,

I've been searching high and low for the right Seafarer 22' to be my next vessel. During my search, I ran across a very clean 1994 with an I/O. Current owner says that the previous owner replaced the engine/drive in 2011 with a Volvo Penta 5.0 gxi with Duoprop drive. Since discovering this boat, Ive been trying to find ANY info on a SeaV2 hull with an I/O and I can't find a thing. I know the earlier hulls (pre-92), and mostly in the 80s had I/O options, maybe 4.3 or 5.0 mercs. But cant find a darn thing on the SeaV2 hull with an I/O. Its either a unicorn or a bastard I guess, LOL.

Anyone on here know anything about these? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Call grady white. They'll have everything you are looking for. They were very helpful when I was needing help on my gulfstream when I bought it. It was a '93 and they still had all of the info.

JaketheMoose

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
So I found the owners manual for a '94 Seafarer on the GW site. Found a model called the 227. Apparently, that was the model # for an I/O set-up. Ive only ever heard of the 226 and 228. Who knew?

Anyone have a 227 Seafarer model? Thoughts and opinions please?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I would read this thread, and see if it applies to your engine set up. Apparently catalytic converters on newer engines can raise the price of replacing manifold parts on some to prohibitively expensive levels.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Yup - different "last numbers" in the model designation (and sometimes letters) tells of different versions of the same hull.

Whether you want an I/O or not depends largely on where/how you will use the boat. Nothing wrong - a small block V8 with a duoprop will have PLENTY of grunt for a 22' boat.

Cats are certainly something to be aware of - however, there's a good chance that since it was a "replacement" there wouldn't have been a requirement to put an emmisions enigne in there. You'll know more when you look at it.

Last edited: