See you all out on the Bay

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
... once I figure out how to get this thing to California (any recommendations on transporters?). I purchased a Freedom 275 today in Maryland. It'll be a big upgrade capability wise from our Robalo R227 (which is a great boat but a real wet ride in SF with afternoon wind chop).

Ntz6hbT.jpg

YF858Ew.jpg

EVgKWcO.jpg

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
mbuna, Congrats!!! What a beauty! Is that a bran spanking new boat?? Just saw your later post, it is 2011..... looks like it was loved!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Flynn Marine Transport. Great People.

Did it come with the trailer? Most transporters - particularly that distance - will want to haul it on their own trailer.

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Congratulations! We're getting survey tomorrow on a 282 Sailfish in MD. If it passes I will be driving over Monday to pick it up myself. I'm a bit of a control freak and in a hurry to fish my new toy.

Hopefully you find someone with a lowboy trailer that can just load it up on the trailer and rock on.

Reactions: mr_mbuna

mjglawrence

Reaction score
This guys is great. He trucks large trucks from the east coast to west coast for me.
+1 (678) 733-0270.
Very honest and reliable.

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I used USHIP last year for my Gulfstream. I had a trailer for it. From NJ to Los Angeles and took about 4 or 5 days. Towed by 1 ton diesel dually. It worked out well for me.

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
Hey all - old thread but just to close the loop. I reached out to Cal Flynn but got referred twice to others in his network. The guy they ended up putting me in touch with was a hotshot trucker with no USDOT number so I wondered what I was paying a premium for. I ended up using a guy I found off of uShip, Wesley Mills, who did it for $3500. I ended up giving him an extra few hundred bucks to cover the costs of a hotel because I delayed his departure from Maryland for 6 hours due to trailer difficulties and then he had to replace a blown out tire in Nevada. Anyone reading this in the future who wants to give him a try can reach him at W.m2transport@gmail.com.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Hey all - old thread but just to close the loop. I reached out to Cal Flynn but got referred twice to others in his network. The guy they ended up putting me in touch with was a hotshot trucker with no USDOT number so I wondered what I was paying a premium for. I ended up using a guy I found off of uShip, Wesley Mills, who did it for $3500. I ended up giving him an extra few hundred bucks to cover the costs of a hotel because I delayed his departure from Maryland for 6 hours due to trailer difficulties and then he had to replace a blown out tire in Nevada. Anyone reading this in the future who wants to give him a try can reach him at W.m2transport@gmail.com.
You been getting out on the bay? I went out today and a bit windy but fun

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
I get out twice a month on average. Not always fishing - sometimes just to catch a ball game!

Attachments

• PXL_20210508_034148822.jpg
    PXL_20210508_034148822.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: PointedRose