Seeking advice for cushion replacement for 1998 Adventure 208

mmgradywhiite

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Just got my GW used and looking to fix it up a bit. Right now I trying to find replacement cushions for the pilot seats and wondering if its easier to replace the whole seat (ie: Overtons). Hoping u folks can provide some advice. I'm in Sac River area n it will be covered so salt exposure less of an issue.
THanks!

seasick

Reaction score
Replacing the entire seat could be less expensive than having cushions made. There some issues though.
Off the shelf seats with cushions will probably be white, not the Grady off white. Maybe that isn't an issue.
Those seat sliders if original probably are not in good shape. There are plastic slides (not the cylindrical insert) that wear out and/or break. If your seat flops or seems loose and tightening the pedestal collar knob doesn't take out the slop then the slides are most likely shot.

The bigger issue is the seat width. The 208 has a narrow helm and there are limited choices for seats that will fit. As far as I know, no seat with arms will fit the older 208s. The width issue is due to the fact that the right side spacing from the seat to the helm 'wall' is small and if the seat is not narrow, the seat may not clear the side of the helm and/or the seat will not be able to turn around. So make sure you measure the width of your existing seat and compare it replacement options.
I think there is a Todd seat that will fit. It may be this

Note that seats do not include the slider mechanism

mmgradywhiite

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Seasick, Thanks for your advice on the seat width. After some poking around on the web, entire seat replacement seemed like the way to go. Also on closer inspection I discovered the seats were already replaced with Wise seats. They look the same as Wise 8WD015-3-710 Standard Pilot Chair (129 Amazon) but the cushions connections are different so Wise may have changed their design. Luckily the seat supports are in good shape. Seats don't have any slop in them now. thanks.