self launch anchor roller

dale1

Reaction score
the anchor not self lauching has a been a bit of an issue for me since i baught the boat 9 months ago. I wish i had done this 9 months ago. I spent about 350 bucks on the lewmar mached set. roller and anchor. I used the boat this weekend and it worked every time, without a hickup.

see the video below.

http://youtu.be/URZWIe6GY1U

dale

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
That is exactly what I was going to end up doing if I could not resolve my self launch issue, but I was able to add some weights to the anchor and use the original pulpit roller design and make it work. Has not been an issue since. I have some other posts on here you might have already seen about it.

I was worried to widen up the slot and thought it would be better to fill the tapered slot and mount the roller assy. on the top, flush like many of the other pulpits out there, but one issue there would be if the anchor would then come up and hit the bottom of the pulpit.

Keep us posted on how well it works out and if you get in some binds that will put some stress on the pulpit let us know how it does.

At this point, I am satisfied, but the only thing left now to resolve would be the anchor ability to right itself. The original narrow design does not allow it to rotate and come upright. I would assume the one you have here will allow it to rotate if it comes in upside down?

dale1

Reaction score
Roberth,

the new set up worked right 10 to 12 times this weekend without a glitch. I was very pleased.

I was reluctant to cut the pulpit, but I was going to eventfully hurt myself going on the bow in rough seas when the darn thing wouldn't launch. "its an express boat." not so good for walking up front.

The cut process was really pretty easy. I used a 4 inch grinder with a cutting wheel. spent about an hour on the cut itself. After there was rough fitment, I mixed up some fiberglass paste with the fiber mixed in. I taped off the bottom of the new assemble. while it was wet, I set it in place. It made and almost perfect mold to the new piece. It only took a very thin bead of silicon to finsh the seal.

The lewmar anchor roller has two rollers instead of one. that seems to be the key to it working right.

Your also right about the plow style anchor needing the room to rotate. it worked good in that area also.

dale