setting up Dual Raymarine C-80 displays

Walk The Line

Reaction score
Trying to add a 2nd display unit to a C-80 system with plotter, radar, and fishfinder, but the raymarine installation instructions are not extremely intuitive, so I'm looking for some help. Does anyone have experience setting up a dual display c-series system? I'd like to understand the wiring and hardware configuration better so I can buy the necessary components.

Also, I'd like to add a dash over my electronics box and flush mount. Has anyone done it with starboard? If so, what thickness? Are there other materials that would work better?

Thanks in advance

saltypup

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a dual c80 setup flush mounted on a marlin. C80's aren't the best for dual setup because you can't repeat all information to both screens, that is only available in the E80.
For instance: Your radar will only display on one and cannot be repeated to the other, you would need two radomes to have radar available to both screens, same with the transducer and same with the nav chip. The only thing you can use for both displays is the GPS antenna.
Now, data will repeat between both screens via the seatalk network. For example, the depth, speed, temp, etc from your tranducer will be available to both units but not the picture, unless you had two ducers.
So, you can dedicate one screen to radar, and one to sonar, and GPS to both, but you will have buy two navionics chips. This way you can have the radar on one if you need it and the sonar up on the other or the sonar up on one and the chart on the other etc, etc, etc. Of course you can obviously overlay your radar on the chart or split the screen and have all three sources up and viewable.

Easiest way to wire this is through a seatalk bus, very simple.
As far as flush mounting, I made a fiberglass frame that fit over the electronics box. Very easy I probably still have the mold and it may be the same size as yours. I'll post pics if I can.
If this sounds too confusing PM me and we'll talk

Walk The Line

Reaction score
Thanks for the info ... makes sense, and I had suspected that it was less simple than the E-80 setup. I would love to see the pics of your flush mount project if you can post? Otherwise I can PM you my email address. Thanks