Shakespeare antenna mounts

Grady White Model
Gulfstream
Looking to up grade my antennas to phase lll . I just got my mounts 4187HD . The foot print is smaller than the plastic mounts I have now. I called Shakespeare about this . They said just redrill new holes :mad: has anyone come across this situation ? Any thoughts ? Thinking of a larger piece of starboard filling old holes with 5200 or sikaflex then drilling my bolt holes

Thanks

Fishtales

Can either fill the holes with Marine Tex, gelcoat over and sand and then mark and drill new ones -or- do the starboard thing.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Grady White Model
Offshore
Looking to up grade my antennas to phase lll . I just got my mounts 4187HD . The foot print is smaller than the plastic mounts I have now. I called Shakespeare about this . They said just redrill new holes :mad: has anyone come across this situation ? Any thoughts ? Thinking of a larger piece of starboard filling old holes with 5200 or sikaflex then drilling my bolt holes

Thanks
Sure, happens all the time. It's a relatively normal thing to deal with. Either of the methods mentioned are fine - there's no one best way here.

Grady White Model
Gulfstream
Thanks for the replies I think a combo of marine Tex and starboard is the way to go will post some pictures when done