Shell Shock: NY Boat SHow Prices

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Can't wait to hit my show for some eye openers. :shock:

Reports are the new Reg 30 Express has a sticker approaching 300K. And folks think GWs are pricey.

gw204

Reaction score
B-Faithful and I hit the Timonium Fishing Expo here in MD earlier today. The local GW dealer only brought a few smaller boats so I didn't really look too closely. I did however, crawl around on the new Sea Hunt 245 walkaround and was EXTREMELY impressed. It seemed quite a bit bigger than the GW 226/228 and possibly on par with a 258.

Price w/ a F250 was only $47K... :shock: You could almost buy two of those for the price of a 228.

V245-gal1_04.jpg

V245-gal8_04.jpg

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gw204
I serious looked at Sea Hunt and Triton boats before deciding on GW. Sea Hunt look very nice and a great price, I just found fit and finish not to be to Grady standards and is a lighter boat for its size.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Went to the Raleigh boat show yesterday. The two boats that stood out for me were the redsigned GW 330 and the new Pursuit 315. The 336 was also nice but I am not a CC person. It is well laided out and that console amenities are amazing for a CC.

The Pursuit 315 is an amazing boat. The windshield and hardtop are the best I have seen. It feels like a pilot house. The finish, especially in the cabin, was outstanding. There were only a few negatives IMHO (grey helm, hardtop rod holders, rear berth, transom door). I hope GW will look at this boat when the 300 is up for changes. I LOVE the hardtop with integrated halogen lighting, including speaders. The bilge and genset access is excellent as is the finish down there.

When I was looking at 30s in 2003 I much prefered the Marlin to the Pursuit 3070. Today that decision would be a bit more difficult. I'm confident however GW will keep up with the competition and continue to innovate. I did notice Pursuit is using the FP diesel genset now which GW pioneered in this style of boat.

One BIG plus on the 315 is a DEDICATED house bank of TWO batteries.
Hear that Joe? Are you listening GW? Perhaps I'll drop David an email on the 315 to make sure they are paying attention to the competition. :wink: