She's in.

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
After waiting most of the day for the tide to come in so we could launch we finally got her into her slip. we also got 15 plus winds so that was a fun way to get aquatinted with the new neighbors. but we did get out for a shake down trip. big take away from trip is I need help with a prop selection. I have a 225 optimax merc with a 17 x ? 5200 rpm and over heating we were going 18 mph. dropping to 3200 to 3700 rpm i was planning but she wasn't riding like she should be. felt like i was dragging an anchor. Anybody have suggestions for, greatly appreciated
pretty good guess at the water line but i missed it a bit. will need that boot tape (think thats what they call it) to make it look better. There were bass chasing bunker and I managed just one for the ice breaker, a 12#'r

Attachments

• IMG_3967.JPG
    IMG_3967.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3972.JPG
    IMG_3972.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 47

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Need more info.. what boat? What all is on her? Full tanks?

You said overheating?

Before you buy an expensive prop, gotta figure out what all the other factors are. Tons of experts here that will chime in, but not enough info to make the call imo.

Ask all that in the tips section, probably a better place. BUT.. post more fish in here! lol

R