Shift cable length for 232 with twins

highfive28

Reaction score
Have a 2001 232 with twin HPDI 150's and it's time to change the cables out. Wondering if anyone knows the length and or part number / supplier? I suppose I could contact GW but thought I would start here.

thanks

seasick

Reaction score
highfive28 said:
Have a 2001 232 with twin HPDI 150's and it's time to change the cables out. Wondering if anyone knows the length and or part number / supplier? I suppose I could contact GW but thought I would start here.

thanks

There are several brands and grades of cables available. You need the type with the #6 -32 threaded end Usually if you look closely on the sheath of the old cables, you can read the cable length. It may be a number following the part number. For example. xxxxx-22
Check both motors, one set is probably longer then the other.
Yes, Grady service can look up the original specs but my experience is that sometimes their info has not been updated when under the deck rigging tube changes were made to later production runs.

Of course, it is also possible to pull the old and measure. If you do that, make sure you tie a drag line to the other end end so that you can use it to pull the new cables. Sometimes pulling is a pain:)
I also tie a second drag line to the front end of the new cables and leave it in the rigging tube. That can be a real blessing next time you want to run a new wire for something.

Here is one site for the cable
http://www.wholesalemarine.com/boating- ... 82063.html

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
Don't forget the port side cables will be 2' longer than the starboard cable.