Shore power, battery charger inverter questions

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 2004 208 Adventure. I have two batteries with a switch. I have a Hubble 30 AMP shore power connection, a Promariner-12 battery charger and an inverter with switch in the cabin. I am not sure how to use the battery charger. The wiring from the charger goes to the batteries and the power cord seems to be routed to the front of the boat along with the cord from the shore power connection. No manual came with the boat on these features.

There are no switches or pilot lights on the charger. How do I get it to charge the batteries? Do I hook up shore power to the connection and switch on the inverter? Could they be wired to an auxiliary switch on the panel? Sorry, this is the only issue that I have had a problem with.

Fish Tank

Reaction score
Not sure of your exact setup, but all you should have to do is plug into shore power and make sure the circuit breaker (main and individual one for the charger) are on. The inverter should be totally seperate and only used (for short periods of time) when unplugged from shore power. When plugged into shore power, depending on the model, there will probably be some indicator saying it is functioning.