Shore Power Problem Tonite - Please help!

pablor

Reaction score
We were at the marina where a concert was being held. All was OK. I was running A/C on bank 2 on my 360 and nothing on bank 1 connected to shore power, no generator. all of a sudden, bank 2 went out. After checking all connections I ruled out cabling. I know there is power coming from the dockside connector, but the green light inside the boat for shore power is not lighting up on bank 2. Bank 1 power is showing as available still. So I switch bank 2 to run off of bank 1 and now bank 1 turns itself off. Nothing works. I fire off generator and everything is fine. I have reset the breaker at the pedestal on shore, but the AC panel in the boat never shows power being available. I know that power is available. Any ideas? the breaker inside the boat never popped...

The only thing I did not do is connect to another pedestal down the dock. I just realized that, that was dumb... I was thinking that the 30 amp breakers in the boat for shore power went bad all along, so I never thought to check...

Reactions: jerseytiger10

johnhdz

Reaction score
I have a 2008 360 that often trips the circuit breaker in the boat when it detects too much load on bank #2. This happens if I try to run both A/C units and any other electric device. This circuit breaker is under the gunnel in the stardboard side towards the back. There are two switches, one for bank 1 and the other for bank 2. I hope this helps.

Stonewall

Reaction score
Yep- it's that breaker under the gunnel on the starboard side. Nobody showed me where it was either when I bought the boat!!!

Banana River View

Reaction score
Pablor.. now that you know about the hidden master breakers the question is why they tripped in the first place. The a/c does not draw 30 amps. My 360 a/c draws about 10-11 amps. If I turn on the aft and starboard cooler boxes and the a/c they all draw about 18 amps.

Problem comes if you turn on the hot water heater then it will trip the main breakers (under gunnel). You can overload the circuits on each bank if you turn on to many appliances. You have to monitor the load to ensure you don't require more than the 30 amps each leg is designed for.

I would be concerned if only the a/c tripped the main breaker. Are you sure you did not have the hot water on or turn on the cook top?

Good luck.. Don

pablor

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies, I saw the 30a breakers in the manual but I thought they were the ones on the panel. I think the reaon was the concert at the marina with every boat fully loaded. I think every boat drawing power plus a big ass concert was a huge demand on an otherwise sleepy marina. I never had a problem before and I did not have a problem with the generator. I will try today when I go back...

Thanks to all!

pablor

Reaction score
thanks guys, that was the problem, no more problems after resetting the breakers...